The park has a National Trust landscape classification.
The Arthurs Creek Mechanics’ Institute and Free Library opened on 2 September 1887.
The Batman tree was planted on its current site in the early 1840s.
The Christmas Hills Mechanics’ Institute Hall and Free Library was built in 1877.
Charles Draper was a pioneer fruit grower in the district. In 1862 he was one of the first selectors to acquire land in Arthurs Creek, which he named Charnwood.
The site was originally part of a 51 acre site first purchased from the crown in 1852 by pioneer Henry Stooke.
Eltham Courthouse was built in 1860 and is one of only two intact examples in Victoria of a courthouse with a simple projecting entry design.
The Flying Squirrel Hotel was built by Robert and Martha Lorimer in 1865, and served as the area’s first post office.
Mining activities in the area date back to the late 1800s when hundreds of Chinese miners searched for gold on the banks of Plenty River.
The bridge was officially opened by Jas Rouget MLA (Member of the Legislative Assembly), in November 1917.